Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One Week Away

A week from now I'll be in the air on my way to Miami.

I'm not sure how to feel.  A month ago, I was more than ready to go home.  Now, I'm not so sure.  There are plenty of things that I miss about Traverse City (and the states in general) but there are a lot of things in Martinique that I'm not ready to let go of.

But to me, life isn't about where we are, but who we are with.  It's about the experiences we have with those people.  And that's what I will miss the most about Martinique... the people I have met and the great times I have had with them.  One of the hardest parts about traveling is always saying goodbye, not knowing when (or if) you will ever see each other again.

Yet for every goodbye I have to say in Martinique, there will be a hello waiting for me in Michigan.  And it's those hellos that make me excited to go home.

The faces that I miss the most