Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas in the Mitten

Well, I finally had my real Christmas.  I had snow.  I had eggnog.  I had my family.  And it was all absolutely wonderful.

Christmas tree, with a few presents

That's the American spirit 

Eggnog (with rum, of course)

Holiday beer

Keeping warm

Walking in the snow!

My favorite people in the whole wide world

Sibling love

I spent almost 2 weeks at home, and as vacations always do, it went by too fast.  But it really put things into perspective.  I'm grateful that I was able to spend the holidays with my family and friends, but it also helped me realize how truly lucky I am to have the opportunity to be living in a foreign country for seven months.  And that seven months really does go by much too quickly...

Unfortunately, it's getting to that point where I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do with my life after Martinique.