Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Money Money Money!

I've never posted two days in a row before, so already you should know that what I'm about to write is pretty dang important.


I got paid!


This is probably the most excited I have ever been to get money, and that's probably because this is the most desperate I have ever been to get money...

Technically assistants aren't supposed to get paid until the end of November, and then you get the salary for both October and November.  However, you could apply for an advancement (which obviously I did).  It was one of the most stressful and complicated procedures, and we had to do it within one week of being in Martinique.

Yesterday, I found out that some assistants had gotten their advancement already.  I checked my bank account incessantly, but my balance stayed at a measly 31 euros.  Later that night, some of us were wondering if we were actually not getting our advancement and we were just SOL.  I panicked slightly, not knowing how I would pay rent (which is due today), having images of myself only living off of a baguette a day, needing to hitchhike to work...

But then this morning, I woke up quite early (especially for me) and checked my bank account.  To my surprise, 1000 euros had been deposited at some point yesterday evening.



Oh, and P.S.  I'm pretty sure that that 1000 euros is only 70% of my salary...