Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicago Love


Chicago.  Chi-town.  The Windy City.  Also, one of my favorite cities in the world.  Top 2 in the U.S.

I don't know what it is about Chicago that I love so much.  But every time I go, I discover something new that I love.  

My mom and I took the train to Chicago last Tuesday.  I've been to Chicago about 5 or 6 times, but the only two times I've taken the train have been to get my visas (the first to study in France and now the second for Martinique).  My sense of direction and comfort with traveling has changed quite a bit between those two trips... 

My mom and I on the train

This trip to Chicago was absolutely amazing.  We ate fabulous food, played tourist on a boat ride down the Chicago River, did a little shopping, and went to a dueling piano bar.  

Oh, and I had my appointment to apply for my visa.

My visa appointment went very smoothly.  I was a little nervous because I still didn't have the official stamped document that I needed, and I was just going there with the hopes that the consulate had received it already.  I only slightly panicked when the woman at the consulate asked, "Is this all you have?"

Luckily, after a little searching, she found all of the documents I had needed.  Whew.  I am even supposed to receive my visa faster than I anticipated... within 7-10 days instead of 2-3 weeks!  Can't wait to get it and check that off my list.

My list is still longer than I would like, but I'm feeling better about things.  I am starting to feel like I'm actually getting things in order.  My goal for tomorrow (night) is to finally purchase my ticket.  Stay tuned...

And enjoy these pics from Chicago!