Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Favorite Journal



A few days ago, as I was organizing my room, I stumbled upon this notebook that I got for Christmas a few years ago.  I had completely forgotten about it, but once I found it, I fell in love all over again.  Hands down, this is one of the coolest notebooks I have ever seen.

I love journals, and I love old French books.  This journal combines the best of both worlds.  The company that makes them finds antique books, saves the cover, keeps several of the original pages, then fills the rest of the book with blank white pages for writing/sketching, all bound together with a plastic black spiral.




Of course I am absolutely smitten with mine since it is an old French Grammar book.  It even has the original owner's name in the inside flap and pencil underlinings on some of the pages.  This journal is incredibly inspiring to me, and I've written in it almost every day since I rediscovered it.  I use it to write down ideas for my future: dreams of travel blogging, going to grad school in Europe, opening a pub, etc.



Get one for yourself!  All of these notebooks are one of a kind and only $13 including shipping at bookjournals.com.