Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait

After first getting accepted to go to Martinique, I was on cloud nine.  Unfortunately, that high faded all too quickly, and life continued as normal.  Although I've already had one document to fill out and send to Martinique, there isn't a whole lot I can do right now, except save money.  And wait.

I have so many questions about the program and about Martinique, but all I can do is be patient.  Most of my questions probably won't be answered until the summer.  From what I know about the Teaching Assistant in France Program, there is a lot of waiting involved.  I better get used to it now.

Around July or August, I should find out my placement within Martinique, which will also tell me the length of my contract (7 or 9 months) and the grade level that I'll be teaching.  Housing is completely up in the air until I know more details.  Luckily, a "Guide for Assistants" should be posted soon, so that will help out with some questions that I have.  In the meantime, I've been doing some research about Martinique in general.  I've also done some light stalking of past assistants to find out more information...

In other news, I started working again this week.  But only for this week... I'm leaving Wednesday for vacation!  I'm going to Oregon for a week and a half (Portland/Corvallis).  I'm very excited, especially since this will probably be the last trip I take before I leave in the fall (besides a trip to Chicago at some point to get my visa).

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time reading other blogs.  I love to write (even though my writing usually consists of me rambling on about nothing), and I've been thinking a lot about my blog, wondering what direction I want it to go.  If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, please let me know!  I'd love any feedback you want to throw my way.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.